Policies Governing Accepted Submissions:
- Participation is open to all Otolaryngology Surgeons and Residents/Fellows.
- Abstracts must be submitted online by March 24, 2017 to be eligible for review by the Program Committee.
- Submission of a corrected abstract is not allowed after March 24, 2017.
- Once an abstract is accepted, additional authors cannot be added.
- Acceptance and rejection letters and all future correspondence will be emailed to the Primary Author listed on the Abstract Submission Form. Notification of acceptance will be sent in March 2017 to the email address provided on the submission form.
- All co-authors/panelists must complete a disclosure form, or your presentation will be eliminated from the meeting.
Instructions to complete abstract submissions:
(Please read all of the instructions below before completing the form at the bottom of this page.)
- TITLE: Make the title brief (150 character limit).
- CONTENT: The abstract must include four parts: INTRODUCTION should clearly state the problem and the purpose of the study; METHODS should provide a description of what was actually done; RESULTS should contain the findings of the study; DISCUSSION AND CONCLUSION should be based upon the findings and relate to the stated purpose of the study and existing knowledge. Provide specific details about your research/study. DO NOT list any author’s name or institution in the abstract or manuscript. A two-year minimum follow-up per patient is required for all results for reconstructive procedures and new or modified techniques as they relate to diagnosis, surgery, complications or other phases of otolaryngologic surgical problems.
- LENGTH: Do not exceed space provided on abstract submission form. Provide as much information as space permits. Additional pages will not be accepted.
- TYPE: The abstract should be typed on the form provided within space allotted (350 words max). Do not exceed space provided. Standard 12 pt. Times New Roman is required for all abstract submissions. Abstracts are to be single spaced. Use English only.
- STYLE: Use initial capitalization (1st letter of each word) for the entire title: DO NOT include company names, titles, appointments or addresses in the abstract. DO NOT use subtitles. Standard abbreviations may be used, when necessary. Do not cite references. No reference is to be made in your text as to authors, institutions, clinics, pharmaceutical companies, or specific manufacturers. Submit the form, completed in full. Please check your work prior to submission. The Program Committee is not responsible for proofreading or accuracy.
- AUTHOR INFORMATION: Indicate your name, mailing address, email address, telephone numbers, degree, and the institution where the work was done. Also, include the name, mailing address, telephone number, email address and degrees of all co-author(s). Please notify us if any of this contact information changes.
- DRUG NAMES: Nonproprietary (generic) names of drugs are required and should be written in lower case. Proprietary names are capitalized.
- SUBMISSIONS: Electronic Submission forms are provided below for all submissions. The abstract submission deadline is March 24, 2017.
- NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: The Program Committee will review Abstracts. You will be notified of acceptance by email in March 2017.
- REGISTRATION FEES: All presenters are required to register for the meeting and pay the registration fee.
Mandatory Financial Disclosure
For your abstract to be considered, the Primary Author/Moderator MUST submit a Financial Disclosure Statement. If the paper is accepted for presentation, all co-authors/panelists MUST submit their financial disclosure information two months prior to the meeting.
2017 Frontiers in Pediatric Otolaryngology Financial Disclosure